Friday, July 3, 2015

1977 Lincoln Continental


Another late 70's big boat I found (more like ran into). The other being the 1978 Mercury Marquis.  This is a 5th generation Continental - which I think was the only generation to have the little rear oval window.  Take note that this also has the B-pillar light (known as an opera lamp).



Very plush interior.  I love how these cars were so roomy and comfortable.  


 I didn't get a good look but these came with either a massive 400 or 460 (6.6L or 7.5L).  And a 3 speed automatic transmission.

 Can't go wrong with hidden headlights!

2 comments:

  1. The round windows are called "opera windows" and were popular in the 1970s. In addition to the Continental Town Car, the 73-76 Continental Mark IV, 77-79 Continental Mark V, and 80-83 Continental Mark VI featured them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea they had that name, thank you!

      Delete